Our Vision Statement
“Ellon Baptist Church seeks to be a worshipping, growing body of caring people, reflecting Christ, through a strong corporate prayer life, increasing community identity and service, with an emphasis on making and nurturing disciples, children’s work, youth work and outreach, enabled by the Holy Spirit to be salt and light”
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God who is holy and loving and exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created the Universe. God created man sinless and in His own image, but man rebelled against God and fell into a state of spiritual death. God initiated salvation by sending the Son, Jesus Christ, to be born of the virgin Mary. Man is reconciled to God and becomes a Christian by God’s grace as he repents of sin and trusts in the sinless life, atoning death, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christians confess Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, showing evidence of their salvation by obeying God and serving others.
- We believe that the Holy Bible alone is the inspired and revealed Word of God; that it is truthful in all that it affirms and that rightly interpreted it is our supreme authority in faith and practice privately and in Church.
- We believe that each person is accountable for his faith and actions before God both in the present life and future judgement.
- We believe that those who live and die in the faith will be resurrected and live with Christ eternally along with those believers who are alive when Christ returns to the earth.
- We believe that the Church is the fellowship of believers, commissioned to go and make disciples; hence all believers are to be equipped for service.
- We undertake under the direction and power of the Holy Spirit to strive together for the Faith.
- by living with each other in unity and brotherly love,
- by regularly worshipping God together,
- by encouraging Christ-likeness,
- by recognising and utilising the spiritual gifts of each member,
- by spreading the good news of Jesus Christ at home and abroad.